Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Halloween is on the horizon!

I loooooove fall!  It is my favorite time of year, I think.  They say that if fall is your season, you are a person that holds on to old friends.  That’s a nice thought!

For me fall means cooler weather and a chance to switch out my summer quilts and table runners.  I love getting out my Halloween pieces and seem to have more every year. 

P1010037

This year I’m making a new wreath.  I found a really thick double boa and wrapped it around a large ring.  I was going to add lots of eyes like the tutorial showed, but I think I’m going to just find a cool ribbon for a bow.  What do you think?

I’m going to hang it in the middle of my mirror above my loveseat, but I couldn’t get a good picture with the mirror.  (Putting it on the door muffed it up a little, but I’ll fix that when I move it back.)

I am going for the “at Nana’s house she has…” look, grin.

Here was my inspiration: Spook your friends.

Here are some of my favorite pieces, they need pressing and hanging, I may add more pictures when they are up, but I get so excited pulling them out!

P1010029P1010040

P1010054P1010051

P1010053P1010036P1010058

These were all quilted on my HQ16, the bottom piece has a lot of hand quilting in the swirls in the batik, but it does not show in the pictures. 

Thanks for looking!  Robbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking your time to comment... I just hearing from you!