Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

My First Feathered Star

P1040376
Here is my Feathered Star in the Just Takes 2 BOM project.  This is one of the more challenging blocks I have made, but luckily it was paper pieced and DOES fit together perfectly!  (I did “re-sew” a bit!  The Kona cotton has proven a good choice for the more challenging blocks.)  It looks like one of the tips is off a tad on the top, but really it is just the way it way it is laying, I took the photo late last night when I couldn’t sleep, grin. 
The next set of blocks included a hand-pieced compass.  I’m not fond of hand-piecing and if I cannot get it drawn to paper-piece, I’m going to substitute it with another period block.  It finishes at 12”, so  that shouldn’t be an issue.  I’m pinning some options on my Pinterest boards; gotta love Pinterest!
I came across a blog named Cookie’s Creek where Cookie is making her blocks in dark blue.  The blue is simply lovely!  I’m tempted to make a pillow using blue! 
I need a miniature quilt to donate to our quilt guild in June.  The quilts must measure less than 24” on a side.  I’m thinking of making a feathered star and put geese all the way around it.  Hmmmmm, what do you think?  Think it would be sellable?
Robbie Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking your time to comment... I just hearing from you!