Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

11 down, 2 to go!

Have you seen this symbol on my blog sidebar, or on other blogs??  I’ve taken the plunge on this free 2012 BOM! 
Just Takes 2 is a Mystery BOM that is hosted by Sentimental Stitches and Dear Jane. You can find the quilt information at www.justtakes2.com including a link to Basic Information that has some good information.
On the first day of the month, you will receive a”unit” of blocks from Gay at Sentimental Stitches. You grab your second “Unit” on the 15th of the month on Brenda’s Dear Jane site.
The patterns have been easy-to-do, so far, grin.  The instructions are the “sew-it-big-and-cut-it-down” type, so if that is not you, you can adjust as you please, but I love it!  If you hand piece, I bet it is annoying, however.
I found  a thread on the Quilting Board that is answering questions and working together if you are interested, too.  It’s fun to share and see what other quilters are doing.  Just Takes 2 Quilt-Along!
Here are my blocks so far.  I have not purchased the optional embroidery “yet.”  It is offered for a small price and looks like it will spice the quilt up some.  I can do it later, right now I am trying to get the blocks done!  you could always do your own, of course, too.
P1040267
I am using my stash red on reds and with some Kona solid reds.  My white is also Kona; I love to work with it.  I have the fan block and house block to do and I’ll be caught up until the middle of the month!  Yay!
Want to join me?  Ah, come on and jump on board!
BTW, the website says the completed quilt will contain about two thousand six hundred pieces, if you’re a counter like me.
Robbie Marie

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking your time to comment... I just hearing from you!