Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

With Every Quilt…

With every quilt I learn a little more…

P1010557My parents were visiting family in Missouri and on their way home stopped in Jamesport Missouri.  Jamesport is an Amish community and they have lots of craftsmen and shops.  Mom and Dad have purchased furniture from them as well as pillow, and good things to eat.  This trip they brought me back some fat quarters, a couple patterns, and a kit.

The kit was a paper-pieced Mariner’s Compass.  I put off putting it together for a couple of months.  I had done quite a bit of paper-piecing, but these were tiny bits and I wanted it to get the colors “just right”!  I shouldn’t have worried so, it was easy!

P1010554I thought it would be a good idea to hand quilt the piece, but the stitches took away from the design and colors.  I took out the stitching and stitched all the seams in the ditch.  I stitched the lighter blue background in straight lines around the center.  I was pleased with the way it looked; everyone thought it was a lot more complicated than it actually way, grin.

Later as I’ve looked at it, I can see that the lines in the light blue should have radiated out from the center, but I couldn’t see it at the time.  I knock it up to experience; I guess it’s great to learn something new with each quilt.  I love this little quilt!

P1010558P1010552

Robbie Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking your time to comment... I just hearing from you!