Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2012

I just got back from Las Vegas

My youngest nephew graduated from high school in Las Vegas on June 15th and I was fortunate to be able to attend.  He had a wonderful ceremony and is a terrific young man.  We are very proud of his accomplishments.  Way to go, Jarod!

While in Vegas, we were able to spend time with Jarod’s sister, Kira, brother, Derek and their extended family.  Reunions are always fun!  We saw Kira’s lovely home and Derek’s new hot car, too!  My brother was likewise there as well as his wife and her daughter and family.

We drove to Las Vegas; it really is a lovely drive of 750 miles each way.  My folks and I made it in 2 days each way.  It was hot – thank goodness for air conditioning!  (Yesterday it was hotter in Denver than Las Vegas, however, horrors!)

One of the highlights of the drive was Ghost Mountain in Utah on Interstate 70.

P1050028P1050029 

P1050034  P1050035

We stopped at the pull off and at Ghost Mountain and found several Native Americans with their wears spread out on the sidewalk.  They were talking on their cell phones and had a nice car.  They were certainly more accustomed to the heat than we were! 

It was a great trip!

  P1050031 P1050033

Robbie Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking your time to comment... I just hearing from you!