Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Step Up for Down Syndrome Walk - 2011

Last year almost 3,500 participants attended! $240,000 was raised for programs.

You might have guessed, I have a sweet sweet granddaughter with Down syndrome. She is my first grandchild and the light of my heart. This is my favorite picture of us. It was the first time I ever held her! Piper was just a bit over 3 pounds!P1010363
Find out what Down syndrome really looks like on my daughter’s blog here: http://aimeesbowlofcherries.blogspot.com/

October is National Down Syndrome Awareness month, so I’ll add more facts then, but here are just a few:
  • One of every 690 lives births will be a baby with Down syndrome. 6,000+ babies are born with Down syndrome in the US every year.
  • The average age of women having a baby with Down syndrome is 28.
  • 80% of babies born with Down syndrome are born to mothers younger than 35.
  • Most people with Down syndrome have mild to moderate mental retardation, some less and some higher.
    I hope to see you at the walk, or find a walk in your area!

    ~ Robbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking your time to comment... I just hearing from you!