Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

A couple of fun things

I have always loved this Topsy Turvy Scarecrow pattern from Happy Hallow Designs!  Last summer I found it at the Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum Garage Sale.

 

I pulled it out to put together last weekend when I was home with a cold.  THIS is exactly why you need a stash, right???  (The white edging is serged.  If I am doing a lot of embroidery, etc., I like the outside stable and not prone to raveling.  It is hidden inside the binding and may add a little fullness, who knows!)  I love applique by hand and machine!

I need to quilt this and then add “straw” and a corner buttons to finish it off!  I am watching the Olympics and the lighting in my family room is very poor, but you can get an idea anyway.  I’ll post it again when it is quilted.

P1050119

This is another runner of mine that is waiting for another border, or two, and maybe some applique or embroidery  in the next border????  I’ve been stalling as I’m not sure where I want to go yet.  I love my stash fabrics I have pulled for this!  I wanted the gold diamonds to look like corn; did it work? 

P1050146P1050147

Here is my Just Takes 2 BOM block with the applique finished.  The outside is turned edge and machine appliqued.  The center is all handwork.  (It looks like I should have taken a picture after it was pressed.)  The next set of blocks came up on the 1st, thankfully I finished the last set.  They were more straightforward.  I’m on the downhill side now for sure!

P1050114

I’ve got my Halloween fabrics out now, but I cannot decide what I am going to do with them!  Any ideas???

Robbie Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking your time to comment... I just hearing from you!